Learn More

Monday, August 14, 2017

Wedding planning

I'm knee deep in wedding planning at this point. I have not gone full bridezilla yet, but we've got time for that. So far, we've booked our venue and I bought my dress - yes, I bought my dress over a year before the wedding. Two big things that could be super stressful, but were made very easy, luckily!


The dress


I bought my dress at David's Bridal. I had not heard the best things about the bridal shop, but decided to try it out because...budget, hello! 
I had perused online and added dresses to my "favorites". I had no idea what exactly I liked and disliked or even really what I was looking for. I just knew I wanted something romantic, strapless, and NOT white.

I walked in to the store with no expectations, because I had never tried on a wedding dress before. I mean this is my first engagement and marriage after all, ha! My stylist was really sweet and was there for everything that I needed. She helped me look at dresses and complete the wishlist I had started online and really gave me great pointers about what might look good on my body. I told her what I was looking for, which was very vague, but she was able to pull dresses that I had no idea that I would love. The first dress I tried on was the dress that I ended up choosing. I didn't know it would be that easy. I tried on a total of 8 dresses and I loved about three of them but I absolutely loved the first dress that I tried on. It was nothing I had imagined. First of all, it's very close to white - ivory. I know for many people that's a huge color difference, but to me, it looks just about the same. I wanted a more blush or champagne tone. Next, the bodice is "nude". It reminds me of something Pnina Tornai would design - just not so "designer". 

I ended up doing the whole "yes to the dress" thing with the tears and the "oohs" and "aahs" from the sidelines. It felt surreal, like the whole engagement. But it was such an amazing day and I was on a high all day from finding the dress. 

So now that I bought my dress, I cannot gain weight. Which I will not let happen, but ya know, life? I have 8 months to whip my booty in to shape before I start my dress alterations, which is a long time - now just to stick to something. I've got my workouts down thanks to my friend's mama-friendly boot camp Fit Mama Workouts right here in Omaha & virtual runs from Flex it Pink. The thing I struggle with (always have!) is my food. Food has historically been my foe, but thanks to some nutrition planning with an old friend (Max Muscle Metro) I do have a great place to start. Here goes to making better choices over the next 8 months (and beyond really!) and looking hot on my wedding day!

XO
C*

No comments:

Post a Comment