Learn More

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day!

Breakfast has ALWAYS been my hardest meal of the day. In fact, for the longest time, I just skipped it. Everyone tells you, "Breakfast is the most important of the day!" or, "Skipping breakfast will lead you to overeat all day!" and those are both true. Eating breakfast gives you energy for the rest of the day and can lead to a better control over maintaining your weight (or losing or gaining!). You also get better concentration and focus during the day and more strength and endurance for your workout! Those are some amazing benefits that a healthy breakfast can give you! The biggest reason I try to eat breakfast every day now, is that it helps me be less hungry throughout the day. If I get my good breakfast in, I'm full for longer, instead of wanting to graze all day before my next meal.

Read more about benefits of breakfast here!

So, I decided to start trying smoothies. They are quick and easy and a great breakfast for on the go. I'll admit, they are not my fav. Not because of the taste, both of the smoothies I've made so far are super good. Like very yum. But I'm a huge texture gal, and there's definitely some texture in there, especially if you have a shitty blender like I do.
The smoothie I made this morning had: 1 cup of kale, 1 cup of spinach, 1/2 of a banana, 1/2 cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup of mangoes, 3 oz. of vanilla greek yogurt, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, and 1/2 scoop of protein powder. It comes out to about 400 calories in this smoothie packed with veggies, fruits, and protein!
I find all of the smoothie recipes on pinterest! Check it out and tell me how you like to smoothie! :)
XO,
C*



No comments:

Post a Comment