Learn More

Friday, March 28, 2014

Victories- on and off the scale

So, this week, I decided I really needed to get back on track. Since I joined the gym and did boot camp, I haven't stayed working out or eating well for more than 2 weeks. I'd start and then something would happen: I went to Colorado for a weekend, ate like shit, and then came back and ate the same way! I keep falling off the bandwagon!
Then I keep seeing people who have lost massive amounts of weight, in the 100s you know, and I'm like, if they can do it so can I!
But it is hard. So anyway, I premade my dinners for this week (skinny taco chicken chili) and ate light at work (since I've been at work everyday during lunch, I ate grilled shrimp skewers or a cup of lobster bisque) and my snacks have mostly been light as well. But if you know me, you know snacking is my downfall, so it wasn't the best of the best (check out my diary on myfitnesspal, you'll see!) and although I could've done better overall, I lost 3 lbs this week. Not bad right? Although that's not much from what I have weighed, I haven't actually been 143 since early 2013. So here I am..a year later.. 
Besides my better eating habits, I went to the gym 2x. I need to make it more often! And if anyone that reads this goes to good life fitness and wants to be my gym/boot camp buddy, let me know!!!!
So anyway, one more thing. I also had a non scale victory yesterday. My son decided he didn't want the same dinner we'd been having for the last 3 days and asked for Mac and cheese. Fine, but I didn't want to make a big pot for just him, cause it'd go to waste. So after boot camp yesterday, I stopped by KFC which has small sides of Mac and cheese, perfect for my little man. I was so tempted to get the mashed potato bowl or a Pepsi, but decided that I had food and water at home! Um, yay!! ;)

Xo,
C

4 comments: