Learn More

Friday, March 14, 2014

Today: food!!

I've found this whole weight-loss, healthier eating journey to be VERY hard. I looove me some hot cheetos and Wild Cherry Pepsi is my weakness. Actually, margaritas are my weakness. Whatever, I have a lot of weaknesses. None of these items are on my "to-eat" list lately, which is great. I don't remember the last time I had hot cheetos!

The biggest struggle I have is breakfast. As long as I can remember, breakfast has been more of a brunch on the weekends for me. I've always been "too busy" in the morning to make breakfast. Lately, I've decided that's one of my biggest goals, get something in the morning. And I've done pretty well, I haven't gotten breakfast in every day, but the majority, I do!

A lot of day it's eggs and toast or cereal or oatmeal or a breakfast bar, pretty bland and boring, but it's something right? Well today has been by far my fav! I had seen a picture on pinterest of toast with smashed avacado and a sunny side up egg on it. Looked yummy! I don't actually keep eggs on hand (I use Egg Beaters all natural egg whites for my scrambled eggs in the morning) so I couldn't do it exactly like the picture, but I did come up with something super tasty!

I scrambled my egg whites, put a small amount of Hormel Real Bacon Bits in the mix, and added a little bit of Kraft Mexican Four-Cheese to top it off. I toasted a piece of bread and spread on spicy guacamole mix by Wholly Guacamole (you could definitely just mash up a half or more of an avocado and add salt & pepper). Then, I added the scrambled eggs to the top and seriously, yum! Super filling, what a great way to start my morning!
This great breakfast was a solid 242 calories, awesome! :) I'm definitely fueled for the rest of the day!


What's your favorite breakfast? Share here!

XO,
C*

No comments:

Post a Comment