Learn More

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weight loss is a bitch.


I've told myself that I need to lose 20 lbs forever. In high school I was tiny, size 0-2. After having Cole, I gained about 45 lbs during my pregnancy and lost a lot of it while breast feeding him during the first year. But as soon as I stopped, the weight came flooding back. I got to my heaviest ever at 162 (ugh, I'm embarrassed about that) and felt like a huge slob! So, at that point, I told myself I needed to lose 40+ lbs and I got overwhelmed. That's a lot. And I didn't educate myself on great ways to lose weight (like portion control, healthier eating habits, and exercise) so I freaked out and became unhealthy. I got in to a habit of limiting my calories so much that I was hungry all of the time and then I'd give in to all of my craving at the same time. So, the weight never came off.
It wasn't until I got happier and healthier, I got results. 
But now I'm here. 22, 145 lbs, and stuck in a rut. I'm a mother and a student and I have a job, that a lot of times I make excuses of why it's ok that I ordered pizza twice this week, or why I didn't make it to the gym at all this week. Indulging in cravings or skipping the gym every once in awhile is not all bad. We all need a break! But if you have a goal, if you want to be healthier, lose weight, gain muscle, get an A+ on your paper, get that promotion, you can't quit when it gets too challenging, too tiresome, or it seems like you'll never reach your goal. Keep going! Cause the time is going to pass anyway, might as well spend it doing something that will benefit you! 
And that's where I'm stuck. Sometimes lounging on the couch watching One Tree Hill, eating ice cream sounds better than getting my butt kicked at boot camp (ok, it always sounds better!!) but I feel much better getting an hour work out in and then lounging with the tv. 
So, let's get together and empower each other, let's reach our goals together. It can be anything!: health/fitness, school, work, as a parent, anything!
Leave me a comment and let me know what you'll be working on for the month of March! 
Xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment